European Observatory of Service-Learning in Higher Education (EOSLHE) was created in January 2019 as a permanent space for cooperation and exchange among the members of the European network Europe Engage for mapping the use of, collecting data and evidence and promoting the use of this learning methodology as well as its institutionalising processes.
The aim of the European Observatory is to enhance and disseminate the knowledge of service-learning in higher education in Europe, as an educational approach that enhances students’ civic engagement, brings them closer to different social realities while allowing them to work in a real environment. Most of the time they will also be able to perceive at first hand the successes or consequences of their work.
Related Sustainable Development Goals, SDGs
- GOAL 4: Quality Education
- Strengthen the process of formalization of the European Service-Learning (U) Network.
- Obtain new knowledge about Service-Learning in Europe.
- Increase awareness of researches and academic staff and authorities on Service-learning in higher education.
- Increase willingness to institutionalize Service-learning in higher education.
- Obtain new evidence available to academic and governmental authorities.
- Share knowledge production Europe-wide
- New knowledge and skills in relation to monitoring and evaluation, safeguarding policies, and other relevant issues to implement Service-Learning initiatives.
- Improvement of Service-Learning monitoring and evaluation, that result from the development of a set of Service-Learning monitoring, result and impact indicators.
- Ensure the sustainability of the EOSLHE
- European Association of Service-Learning in Higher Education
- Service-Learning good evidence-based practice and experiences database created (documentation centre)
- Annual report prepared on the Situation of Service-Learning in Spain and Europe
- Website with good evidence-based practice database
- Research report on Service-Learning in Spain and Europe
- Leaflet and a dossier presenting the observatory
- Fundraising plan
- Guidelines and code of ethics to develop a safeguarding policy in Service-Learning initiatives
- Guidelines to develop and measure Service-Learning initiatives
- Set of Service-Learning impact indicators
Project website: https://www.eoshle.eu
- Asociación de Aprendizaje-Servicio Universitario, ApSU
Contact person: Marta Alonso
Project start date: 01/01/2019
Project finishing date: 31/12/2020