COVID-19 needs to be addressed
EducamosContigo is an initiative promoted by a team of teachers and students of the Autonomous University of Madrid to respond to the critical situation that many families, students and teachers lived and live during and after the confinement of COVID-19.
It also responds to a formative need on the part of university students who observed how their environment changed and needed to develop skills that would allow them to adapt to the new reality and become active, critical and committed citizens.
Now the aim is to maintain the space created to carry out psycho-educational counseling and school supports since the situation remains critical, and on the other hand, the training research using the Learning Service that aims to transform the competencies of university students.
Institution: Autonomous Univerity of Madrid
# of students: 400
Person in charge: Pilar Aramburuzabala | Elena Pérez
Interaction with beneficiaries: Virtual
Academic Degree: Undergraduate | Master
Discipline(s): Psychology | Education | Open to different disciplines
Community Service Area & ODS: Quality Education | Reducing inequalities | Partnership for the goals
EducamosContigo is an inter-university and inter-facultative Learning-Service program that offers psychoeducational, school and digital literacy accompaniment online to families and students in situations of educational and social vulnerability at all pre-university educational levels.
It is being coordinated by UAM in collaboration with other universities:
• Universidad de Alcalá de Henares
• Universidad Complutense de Madrid
• Universidad Rey Juan Carlos
• CES Don Bosco
• CEU Cardenal Cisneros
• Universidad Politécnica de Madrid
• Universidad Menéndez Pelayo
• Universidad de Nebrija
• Universidad Alfonso X El Sabio
• Universidad Católica de Valencia
- To be an online accompaniment resource for schools, families and students in order to facilitate the learning processes of all students of the stages and Nursery Education, Primary Education, Secondary Education, VET and Baccalaureate.
- Work for a more inclusive education, with a special concern for groups in situations at greater risk of educational and social exclusion.
- Promote the development of the personal and professional skills of undergraduate and graduate university students to adapt to the new ways of working of a post-COVID-19 society.
- Establish multidisciplinary inter-university networks.