CIVIS – a European Civic University Alliance
Programme Erasmus+ Key Action: Cooperation for innovation and the exchange of good practices
Action Type: European Universities
The CIVIS European Universities’ Alliance has the ambitious objectives of developing a true sense of civic identity in a new generation of European students, and of performing a quantum leap in the attractivity of its members’ educational, innovation and research programs.
A transnational collaboration of eight universities located in eight different European states, CIVIS brings together some 384 000 students and 55 000 staff members. This critical mass of human resources will pool its experiences and capacities to create a University Alliance of the future, a space for innovative and responsible teaching, research, cultural exchanges and citizen actions within Europe. The Alliance will also deeply engage with the world and its people including the Mediterranean and African regions, which are at the core of our global strategy.
We will devote our resources to addressing major challenges at local, European and international levels:
At the local level, these challenges echo several of our regions’ Smart Specialisation Strategies, and
will be addressed through grassroots, participative, intersectoral Open Labs in each territory. At the global level, the challenges will serve to form thematic Hubs that will foster the creation of shared innovative learning pathways and research collaborations between the partners, incorporating Mediterranean and African institutions.
CIVIS learning will provide students with the forward-looking and entrepreneurial skills required to evolve and adapt in the fast-changing world. Inclusive student mobility and the development of innovative teaching methods based on the knowledge triangle are intrinsic to these activities. Beyond the period of the project, we will ensurethe sustainability of our alliance and give CIVIS its own legal status with an organisational structure.
- To promote shared initiatives for collaboration & mobility
- To implement structural & organisational instruments for the long run
- To develop an ambitious joint educational and research programs on “glocal” challenges
- To design new pedagogical and mobility models
- To become a legal entity by 2022; participative, inclusive, civic university by 2030
- 5 Hubs
- 8 Open Labs
- Pedagogical/Mobility Tools
- Mediterranean/Africa “Mirror” Networks
Project contributions SDGS’s:
- GOAL 4: Quality Education
- GOAL 9: Industry, Innovation and Infrastructure
- GOAL 16: Peace, justice and strong institutions
- GOAL 17: Partnerships for the goals
- Aix-Marseille université
- National and Kapodistrian University of Athens
- Université libre de Bruxelles
- University of Bucharest
- Universidad Autónoma de Madrid
- Sapienza Università di Roma
- Stockholm University
- Eberhard Karls Universität Tübingen