Call for proposals for the Third European Conference on Service-learning in Higher Education
organized by Matej Bel University together with the SLIHE project partners
and European Association on Service-Learning in Higher Education
Bratislava, Slovakia, March 18-19, 2020
The conference addresses the guiding question: “What does it mean to be(come) an engaged university?”. It aims at promoting service-learning in higher education and increasing awareness about the role of service-learning with respect to the third mission of universities. The objective of the conference is to spread knowledge and share experiences about theories, research and practice on service-learning as well as networking with different stakeholders in the field of higher education. The conference targets scholars, practitioners, students, and community partners interested in the concept of engaged university and service-learning as a strategy for its development.
The conference is organized by partners of the Erasmus + project “Service-Learning in Higher Education” (number 2017-1-SK01-KA203-035352): Matej Bel University (Slovakia), Babes Bolyai University (Romania), Palackého University Olomouc (Czech Republic), University in Rijeka (Croatia), Danube University Krems (Austria), Catholic University of Eichstätt-Ingolstadt (Germany).
The main partners of the conference are the European Association of Service-Learning in Higher Education (EASLHE) and the Latin American Center for Solidarity Service-Learning (CLAYSS).
The conference is part of the Third Regional Service-Learning Week in Central and Eastern Europe region (CEE) to be held on March 17-21, 2020 in the hotel Vienna House Easy Bratislava organized by CLAYSS and CEE Service-Learning Network.
We are seeking presentations that will share and/or advance the study and practice of service-learning and community engagement in higher education. Examples of appropriate subject matter could include, but are not limited to:
- theoretical rationales and cultural narratives for engaged universities in Europe,
- models of implementing the third mission in higher education institutions,
- designs for service-learning in the curricula of modules and study programs,
- research studies on the effects of service-learning on active citizenship,
- good practices and lessons learned for campus-community partnerships,
- innovative approaches for fostering students curricular and extra-curricular engagement.
Presenters can choose to present in different formats: oral presentations, symposia, workshops, poster presentations, and resource exchange.
Proposal submissions of 500 words, to be submitted according to the format indicated on this call for papers.
The deadline for submissions is January 10, 2010. Proposals are limited to two submissions per presenter.
To submit your proposal:
Complete the Abstract submission form available as a separate document in MS Word format and use the title “SLIHE2020proposal_ last name” to save the abstract submission.
E-mail the abstract to: email@example.com
- October 20, 2019:Call for proposals opens
- November 30, 2019:Registration for the conference opens
- January 10, 2020: Call for proposals closes
- January 20, 2020:Program Notification Status is issued
- February 28, 2020:Registration closes